See your dentist in Wake Forest for Invisalign instead of braces
Many adults who have crooked teeth long to straighten their smile, but they avoid orthodontic treatment for a number of reasons. Thanks to the advances in technology and materials, there is a truly different way to achieve a nice straight smile. The Invisalign system eliminates many of the problems that most people imagine when they think about orthodontic treatment:
- Aesthetic – The number one reason most image conscious adults and teens avoid orthodontics is they don’t want to be seen wearing metal brackets and wires. Invisalign uses virtually indiscernible BPA-free clear thermoplastic aligners, similar to teeth whitening trays. They cannot be seen from a distance, and are barely noticeable up close. This system, though initially just for mild misalignment, is now effective for all but the most serious cases.
- Convenient – The aligners are removable for eating and oral hygiene routines. Patients can enjoy any of their favorite foods; there isn’t a restricted foods list. Oral hygiene is simple, just brush, and floss as always. It is quite time consuming to clean around metal braces, the aligner trays are easy to clean.
- Time Saving – Once you have received your set of trays, you will only need to visit your dentist about every six weeks. The appointment is quick because there are no adjustments to be made. It is simply a quick check to ensure that treatment is progressing properly.
- Comfort – The aligners are smooth and comfortable, there isn’t the tissue irritation that can occur with traditional braces. Additionally, only a few teeth are being moved at a time, and in smaller increments, there isn’t the extreme soreness that occurs after traditional braces have been adjusted.
- Flexibility – Invisalign is less disruptive to today’s busy lifestyle. If you have a special event coming up, or a presentation to do at work, you can remove them temporarily. However, it is necessary to wear them 20 to 22 hours a day for the treatment to stay on schedule.
The duration of treatment is similar to that of traditional metal braces. It usually varies from nine to eighteen months, depending on the degree of misalignment. Dr. Suh has been an Invisalign provider for a number of years. To benefit from the expertise of the Doctor and his amazing dental team, call Supremia Dentistry today at 919 556 6200 and schedule an appointment. Thanks to Invisalign, there is finally a much easier path to a nice straight smile.