What is dentistry sedation?Sedation dentistry is also called sleep dentistry, although you will not actually go to sleep. Dental sedation results in a state of relaxation, and reduced awareness. It may be used for adults in minor or major restorative or cosmetic work.
What does it involve?We use conscious oral sedation, you will be provided with a gentle, yet effective prescription sedative. As it takes some time for the sedation to take effect, the doctor will give you instructions as to the exact time the sedative should be taken. It will be necessary for a companion to drive you to and from the office. You are relaxed, and possibly drowsy, when you arrive for the appointment. The doctor may provide additional sedative, dependent upon the circumstances. Our friendly team will make you feel at home in our comfortable office.
You can listen to music or watch movies while Dr. Suh completes your dental work. It will be over before you know it! After your appointment, the effects of sedation will gradually fade away. You will need to take the rest of the day off work, and arrange transportation home.
BenefitsDental fear is not prohibitive of excellent oral health. Neither is a busy schedule. You can enjoy quality care, with maximum convenience, and eliminate stress and discomfort. While sedated you will:
- Have full control of your body, be able to walk, communicate, swallow, and breathe naturally
- Be able to respond to questions or instructions
- Feel relaxed and somehow uninvolved in the procedure
- Time passes more quickly
- Have reduced pain sensitivity, and greater effectiveness of local anesthetics – typically resulting in a pain-free experience
- Experience little to no gag reflex
- Feel comfortable, and free of anxiety, impatience, or restlessness
- Gentle Dentistry for Dental Fear Wake Forest - Wake Forest practice treats dental fear along with restoring oral health with gentle dentistry approach
- Same Day Dentistry Wake Forest - Same Day Dentistry
- Wake Forest Pediatric Dentist - Wake Forest dentist: Lifelong habits, good experiences established with pediatric patients
- Wake Forest Family Dentist - Family dentist's gentle approach and advanced technology help establish good habits and experiences in Wake Forest
- Gentle Dentistry Wake Forest - Discover gentle dentistry with Wake Forest practice designed around creating a better patient experience
- End Dental Fear Wake Forest - End dental fear with conscious sedation in Wake Forest
- Painless Dentistry Wake Forest - How Wake Forest area patients can enjoy painless dentistry services
- Oral Sedation Dentist Wake Forest - Sedation dentist in Wake Forest offers oral conscious sedation
- Sedation Dental Care Wake Forest - Where can Wake Forest area patients get their dental care performed under sedation?
- Oral Sedation Dentist Raleigh NC - Raleigh, NC area Dentist explains oral conscious sedation