Dental implants vs Bridges
Watch our video testimonial
What is an implant?The implant is not technically a replacement tooth. It is a small piece of titanium, implanted in your jawbone. It replaces the root, and supports your new tooth. Like a natural tooth root, the implant itself is not visible at all, but serves a vital function.
Success rateFor most patients, placing dental implants is a routine, very simple procedure. It is one of the most reliable procedures performed in dentistry today. The success rate among non-smokers is very high, and advanced techniques are increasing the success rate among smokers. There are two phases – surgical placement of implants, and restoration with a new appliance or prosthetic tooth.
The procedureThe area is numbed, and we offer sedation if you wish, so you remain comfortable throughout the process. There is typically little, if any, soreness afterwards. In fact, most patients report that the implant procedure was more comfortable than the extraction! Your comfort, and the success of the procedure, depends greatly on the skill of the surgeon. That is why we work with one of the foremost oral surgeons on the East Coast.
OptionsWe can replace one, several, or all of your teeth with dental implants. At one time, the cost of placing an implant for every tooth in an arch was prohibitive to most denture wearers. Today we can offer specially designed denture plates that snap over implants. They can be secured with only four to six implants, and have about one quarter the amount of plastic as traditional dentures. Like other implant-supported restorations, they feel comfortable, look natural, and firmly stay in place.
If you are looking for a permanent, beautiful, healthy solution to missing teeth, schedule an appointment with Dr. Suh today.
- Teeth Implants Wake Forest NC - Patients in Wake Forest NC can replace one, many, or all of their teeth with implants
- Partial Dental Implants Wake Forest - Missing many teeth in Wake Forest? Realize benefits of dental implants as an alternative to partial dentures
- What is Dental Implants Wake Forest - Wake Forest dentist highlights the benefits over dentures or bridges when asked, "What are dental implants?"
- Implant Dentistry NC Wake Forest - Technology and surgical skill minimize implant dentistry complications for Wake Forest NC patients
- Tooth Implants Wake Forest - Wake Forest dentist: Lifelong habits, good experiences established with pediatric patients
- Dental Implants Wake Forest - Wake Forest area dentist describes dental implants
- Tooth Implants Dentist Raleigh - Why Raleigh area Dentist may suggest Implants for tooth replacement
- Best Dental Implants Wake Forest - The best option for tooth replacement is dental implants with your Wake Forest dentist
- What Are Dental Implants Wake Forest - Do you know what dental implants are in Wake Forest?